Modifications Attorney — Marysville, WA

Helping Marysville Clients Obtain Agreement Modifications

Situations can arise after your divorce is finalized that require either party to modify the existing agreement. Call our office to assess your situation regarding any type of modification to a divorce agreement or parenting plan.

Reasons for pursuing a modification include: job loss, promotion, or other factors that might terminate, change or increase alimony payments; modifications of child support due to the child’s needs or the supporting parents’ work situations; and any changes caused by relocation or other modifications of the current parenting plan.

Guiding You Through the Modifications Process

After your divorce is finalized, there can be conflict regarding the placement or financial support of your children. Even those without children might need to change alimony or maintenance payments. Whether in litigation or mediation, Linda Passey Law Offices will take a thorough and careful approach to petition for changes or modifications to the existing divorce agreement.

Changes Involving Child Support

Changes to child support can be based on a number of factors, such as a change in the age of the child or specific medical or educational needs that arise. Changes can also be based on the circumstances affecting the parent, such as employment termination or significant changes in financial status.

In order to modify a child custody agreement, you must file a court action to change a final court order. This order might be called a Custody Decree, a Residential Schedule, or a Parenting Plan. Requesting a modification is basically asking the court to sign a new Parenting Plan. These changes might be “minor,” making only small changes, or they could fall into the category of a “major” modification, such as a change of custody. You will have to prove to the court that there is a good reason for the requested change. Whatever your specific reasons are for pursing a modification, we can help you navigate the process and achieve your goals.

Modifications to Alimony

Some couples establish non-modifiable alimony or maintenance at the time of the divorce for stability and certainty in their post-financial planning. For those who do not establish non-modifiable maintenance, a change in financial circumstances is necessary to modify alimony or maintenance payments. Some of these changes can include a change of employer, termination, reduced salary, or retirement. The party seeking the modification must prove the change in circumstances. Remarriage can also affect alimony.

Call our office to assess your situation regarding any type of modification to a divorce agreement or parenting plan, and we will work hard to successfully resolve your matter.

For over 25 years, Linda Passey Law Offices has been helping Marysville residents pursue and obtain modifications to existing divorce, child custody, child support, and alimony agreements. Call (360) 653-6902 today to speak to a skilled and effective modifications attorney.